Welcome to Darwin’s private accredited mobile nursing and home support service.
Our qualified, caring staff provide tailored health & home care services, allowing our clients to remain at home, while receiving high quality nursing care and home support specific to their personal needs and choices for care.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive quality service that is client focused and respects the rights and dignity of the individual, their carers and family.
Golden Glow Nursing was established in 2001 by two Darwin nurses who saw a need to provide quality nursing and health care support to allow people to maintain a safe, healthy lifestyle in their own homes.
- To enable clients to live independently in their own homes, avoiding premature or inappropriate admission to residential or hospital care.
- To assist clients to build capacity and independence
- To provide care that will enhance and improve quality of life for the recipient and informal carers.
- To provide safe, efficient, effective and affordable care by trained staff, which has been tailored to the recipient’s individual needs and the needs of the family.
- To offer a choice of services
- To ensure impartiality and respect clients’ rights
- To provide accurate and timely information in a format that is easily understood.
- To support and facilitate clients’ right to advocacy.
Today Golden Glow Nursing employs nearly 100 Registered and Enrolled Nurses and Personal Care Assistants across Darwin (to Darwin River), Katherine to (Pine Creek).
In addition, Golden Glow Nursing has an established relationship with Charles Darwin University, allowing students to work alongside qualified nursing staff during their community placement. This working relationship helps to build and maintain a qualified workforce within the Territory.
Golden Glow manages privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (2014). We also comply with Commonwealth, State and Territory government legislation concerning the collection, use, disclosure and destruction of personal / sensitive information.
- Golden Glow collects personal / sensitive information that is reasonable and necessary for your care & support.
- We will obtain your written consent or consent via your legal representative to disclose that information to any third party not directly involved in your care / support.
- We will destroy your personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose as per legislative requirements for the destruction of personal / sensitive information.
- Where photos or images are required, your consent or consent of your legal representative will be required in writing for us to take and store images.
- We regularly update our security measures in relation to current and future technologies, systems and procedures are in place to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from un authorised access.
We understand that finding the right care for you or your loved one is an important life decision, so contact us to arrange a personal appointment