Welcome to Darwin’s original private accredited mobile nursing and home support service.
At Golden Glow Nursing our qualified, caring staff provide tailored health & home care services, allowing our clients to remain at home, while receiving high quality nursing care and home support specific to their personal needs and choices for care.
Our aim is to provide a comprehensive quality service that is client focused and respects the rights and dignity of the individual, their carers and family.
We are a registered NDIS provider and Home Care Package (Aged Care) provider.
Golden Glow Nursing was established in 2001 by two Darwin nurses who saw a need to provide quality nursing and health care support to allow people to maintain a safe, healthy lifestyle in their own homes.
Golden Glow Nursing participates in accreditation with several national bodies. Accreditation requires us to meet a set of national standards to ensure our business processes, the care that we deliver, and the staff that we employ meet these standards each time we are accredited. Some of the assessments are annual and others are every 3 years.
Golden Glow Nursing has been assessed and is accredited against:
- International Standards Organisation (ISO 9001 2015)
- National Aged Care Standards
- National Disability Standards
- National mental Health Standards.
We have consistently met the standards required against all of the listed Accreditation Standards for over 15 years. This demonstrates our commitment to providing client care that follows the principles of best practice and primary health care.
- Golden Glow is dedicated to being fully compliant with our Management System which is based on ISO 9001:2015
- Our quality outcome is to provide high quality Nursing and Support services which consistently meet / exceed the expectations of our clients and stakeholders
- To achieve this outcome we have implemented the Golden Glow Quality Management System, consisting of documented policies, procedures and work instructions; all of which provide guidance to our employees and competency to our existing and potential clients, funding bodies and independent auditing bodies.
- Golden Glow is committed to Continuous Quality Improvement throughout the organisation, learning from challenges, adhering to and maintaining best practise, and by encouraging feedback and innovation.
- Golden Glow's Quality Policy is communicated to and understood by all staff, and we are committed to complying with and continually improving the effectiveness of our Quality Management System by an ongoing cycle of implementation, review and evaluation
- To enable clients to live independently in their own homes, avoiding premature or inappropriate admission to residential or hospital care.
- To assist clients to build capacity and independence
- To provide care that will enhance and improve quality of life for the recipient and informal carers.
- To provide safe, efficient, effective and affordable care by trained staff, which has been tailored to the recipient’s individual needs and the needs of the family.
- To offer a choice of services
- To ensure impartiality and respect clients’ rights
- To provide accurate and timely information in a format that is easily understood.
- To support and facilitate clients’ right to advocacy.
Today Golden Glow Nursing employs nearly 100 Registered and Enrolled Nurses and Personal Care Assistants across Darwin (to Darwin River).
In addition, Golden Glow Nursing has an established relationship with Charles Darwin University, allowing students to work alongside qualified nursing staff during their community placement. This working relationship helps to build and maintain a qualified workforce within the Territory.
Golden Glow manages privacy in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles (2014). We also comply with Commonwealth, State and Territory government legislation concerning the collection, use, disclosure and destruction of personal / sensitive information.
- Golden Glow collects personal / sensitive information that is reasonable and necessary for your care and support.
- We will obtain your written consent or consent via your legal representative to disclose that information to any third party not directly involved in your care / support.
- We will destroy your personal information when it is no longer required for any purpose as per legislative requirements for the destruction of personal / sensitive information.
- Where photos or images are required, your consent or consent of your legal representative will be required in writing for us to take and store images.
- We regularly update our security measures in relation to current and future technologies, systems and procedures are in place to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and from un authorised access.
We understand that finding the right care for you or your loved one is an important life decision, so contact us to arrange a personal appointment