Aged Care Services
To find out if you are eligible for a home care package or any other help at home services, you will need to call My Aged Care on 1800 200 422. You will be asked a series of questions to determine if you need an assessment by the Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT). If you are eligible, an ACAT assessor will contact you to make a time to meet with you to complete the assessment.
During the aged care assessment, your ACAT assessor will discuss your current needs and determine if you are eligible for a Home Care Package and the package level that best meets your care needs.
There are four levels of Home Care Packages to help meet the different levels of care needs:
- Level 1 - basic care needs
- Level 2 - low-level care needs
- Level 3 - intermediate care needs
- Level 4 - high-level care needs
If identified as being eligible for a package, you will be approved for one level of Home Care Package. Your name will be added to a national waiting list and the allocation of your package will be prioritised based on your assessed need.
You will receive a letter from the Government letting you know when you have been allocated a package. The letter will contain a reference number that you will need to provide to us so that we can access your information, activate your Home Care Package and start providing care for you.
Each level of Home Care Package provides a different subsidy amount from the Government. This amount is paid directly to Golden Glow Nursing. The government subsidy contributes to the total cost of your services and care delivery. It is expected that you will also contribute to the cost of your care through home care fees.
You may be required to make a contribution to the cost of your care by paying an Australian Government Income Tested Care Fee and/or Basic Daily Fee.
Aged Care Package Pricing Schedule as of 1 July 2023
Basic Daily Fee (paid by you)
- Level 1 Aged care Package Consumer Contribution - $0.67 per day
- Level 2 Aged Care Package Consumer Contribution - $1.67 per day
- Level 3 Aged care Package Consumer Contribution - $ 2.50 per day
- Level 4 Aged Care Package Consumer Contribution - $ 3.33 per day
The types of services you can access under a home care package include, but are not limited to:
- Personal services: assistance with personal activities such as bathing, showering, toileting, dressing.
- Nutrition, hydration, meal preparation and diet: assistance with preparing meals, provision of Meals on Wheels, assistance with monitoring oral intake.
- Continence management: assistance in purchasing and using continence aids and appliances such as disposable pads and absorbent aids, commode chairs, bedpans and urinals, catheter and urinary drainage appliances, and enemas.
- Mobility and dexterity: providing walking frames, walking sticks, mechanical devices for lifting, bed rails, slide sheets, sheepskins, tri-pillows, pressure-relieving mattresses and assistance with the use of these aids.
- Nursing, allied health and other clinical services: If you have a need for allied health support, Golden Glow Nursing can access and coordinate assessment of services by a variety of allied health professionals such as speech therapy, podiatry, occupational or physiotherapy services, hearing and vision services.
- Transport and personal assistance: assistance with shopping, visiting health practitioners and attending social activities.
- Management of skin integrity: assistance with bandages, dressings and skin emollients.
A home care package may also be used to support the use of:
- Telehealth: video conferencing and digital technology (including remote monitoring) to increase access to timely and appropriate care.
- Assistive technology: such as aids and equipment (particularly those that assist a person to perform daily living tasks), as well as devices that assist mobility, communication and personal safety.
- Aids and equipment: some aids and equipment that are directly associated with your care needs can be purchased using funds from your package budget. Read more about aids and equipment.
Please note that Home care level 1 and 2 packages are not intended to provide comprehensive clinical services. Home care level 3 and 4 packages have a greater emphasis on delivering complex care in the home, including more clinical care where needed.
These are common services that you may be able to access in a Home Care Package. To download a copy of our complete pricing schedule as at 1 July 2023 please click here.
Standard hours can be considered as Monday to Friday 6am to 6pm.
We understand that finding the right care for you or your loved one is an important life decision, so contact us to arrange a personal appointment